Offset your carbon emissions before 31 October and we’ll triple them
In support of United Nations Climate Action Summit 2019, Cathay Pacific will triple all carbon offsets made by our passengers through our Fly Greener programme from 16 September until 31 October 2019 – offsets can be made before or after flying and with a credit card or Asia Miles.
You can calculate the cost for your flight on our Fly Greener website and know that 100% of your contribution will go toward financing verified carbon-reduction projects, such as building renewable energy facilities in developing countries.
Examples of offset
Air travel currently represents less than 3% of global emissions, but the industry is growing fast. Cathay Pacific recognises the impact that aviation has on the environment and our responsibility in combating climate change. Carbon offsetting is just one of several ways we do this. We also reduce our carbon footprint on a daily basis by improving the efficiency of our fleet and by investing in the development of biofuels.
Fly Greener with Cathay Pacific!
To offset your flights or to learn more, please visit here.
For more information about the United Nations Climate week, please visit here.
Terms and Conditions
1. This special promotion is applicable to all carbon offsets made by customers through the Cathay Pacific Fly Greener website during the special promotion period: 16 September to 31 October 2019, Hong Kong time.
2. These offsets can be applied to flights departing after 31 October as long as the offset is made by 31 October.
3. The total contribution made by Cathay Pacific Airways Limited through the Fly Green programme will be capped at 10,000 tonnes.
4. The terms and conditions of the Fly Greener programme apply.
5. In case of dispute, the decision of Cathay Pacific Airways Limited shall be final.
6. These terms and conditions are drafted in English and translated into Traditional Chinese. In the event of any discrepancy between the two versions, the English version shall prevail.